Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Update

Hi Everyone!
Today we had a doctor's appointment and boy did it take foreverrrr! When I got there, Dr. Chan was running late due to an earlier delivery, then just as I was called in and had just pee-d in the cup, she was paged 3 times to run down to labor and delivery as another patient was READY! I was next in line for her to see so I waited another 45 minutes before she came back. (It would of been difficult for me to reschedule as she is on vacation all of next week)
Our visit today went well.... She did a swab culture for ?... I forget what and will get those results next week -something about bacteria something that needs to be tested close to your due date.
She also did a miner cervical check and found that the baby is high on my bladder (good news!) and nowhere close to coming down yet! -which explains my need to pee with every movement! I say miner check cause she did not want to disturb my mucos membrane cause it's to early for baby to come right now.
All in all everything looks good considering my past wacky week of getting myself stuck in the window and having more and more contractions often. I've been exhausted and she says besides coming closer to my due date the exhaustion and contractions are partly due to me not resting and being dehydrated. (I JUST WANT SLUSHY STUFF LIKE SHAVED ICE AND ICY DRINKS!)
So far it seems that baby is due to arrive on time. I have a blood pressure check with the nurse next week Tuesday and will see Dr. Chan the following Wednesday, April 8th for our next appointment. Keeping in mind that she is on vacation all next week so I'd better behave I'm told! -hold your breath and keep your fingers crossed!
We'll keep everyone posted!
Lots of Love,
Stacey~

No comments:

Post a Comment