Monday, April 20, 2009

~9 days to go!~

~9 days to go!~
There is something to be said when there is a moment in a parents life when your child says or does something that takes you away....
Yesterday evening before Michael and Matthew came home, I was restless and was trying to get some things around the house done amist the heat we were having and trying to keep my mind off of feeling contractions and watching myself swell up. I was folding laundry, working on Matthew's BIG BRO shirt and filling up a pitcher of water on the refrigerator -all at the same time. Hailey then calls me to check out what her room looks like since she was trying to clean it up when "LIGHT BULB" "AHHH" I said while waddling back to the kitchen, "the water!?!?" hearing water flowing down onto the floor. Hailey and I grabbed towels and stopped the water. She dried the floor as I could not bend down and I dried the frig and everything else I could reach.
My moment was when Hailey said "Mommy, Don't worry. Just hang in there a few more days and HOPEFULLY when baby comes your memory would come back good." "Now go sit down, rest and I'll clean this up." That for some reason pulled on my heartstrings.
Hailey has been the one to stay at home with me from birth...no preschool for her -It was me, Mommy that took care of her. Now almost 9 years later, she is the one staying home with me while Daddy and Matthew are working on the new house, only
to visit them on the weekends for lunch and then she goes home with me to TAKE CARE OF ME.
So here I am at 4:45 in the morning jotting down what my brain is thinking since I'm not able to sleep well (been spotting w/more mucus and having more contractions). Looking back to yesterday's email remembering what we were going through a year ago with Matthew and having this eye balling waterfall of a moment with Hailey, I realize that I will soon have another child that will take my breathe away...allowing me share the moments that take my breathe away.

email to be continued throughout the day.....

This morning Hailey once again reminded me that I could call her anytime at school if I need to go to the hospital. She has her own emergency plan! While I was taking her to the bus stop, Matthew called me in a panic cause he heard an ambulance close by. I wasn't home at my normal time cause the school bus was 30 minutes late so he was worried.
Me working has officially stopped today. My part-timers pulled the plug and Miwa has aggreed as well. I can't be on my feet for very long as they are swelling and I have alot of pain since my mucus plug is coming out steadily.
I guess this explains my long email (Hopefully not the last-Hoping I will have a few more to write!) . I am bored!!!! Did 3 loads of laundry this morning and tried to dust. Washed dishes and am now cooking dinner. I have been trying to do all of this in intervals so that I can rest in between. I did snooze off for 1/2 hour or so and then woke up HOT! So around 3:00 I turned the air conditioner on and it is helping a little with this yucky heat.
OH YAY! SINGLE DIGIT COUNTDOWN BEGINS! Both Matthew and Hailey were born 4 days before their due dates (39+ weeks). Knowing that is kinda good to know yet painfully scary for me to think about. I look forward to writting my next email titled ~8 days to go!~
Lots of love,
Stacey~

No comments:

Post a Comment